Saturday 16 May 2015

High/Low: Vintage brass bar cart

I’m back with another version of high/low, this time it’s a vintage brass bar cart.

HIGH:995

 

cart

this one, exactly like mine, at 1st dibs has sold and I bet it was for a whole lot of money

themintlist 590

590 British Pounds is equivalent to $1,114 Canadian, similar

Low:

$95.00Broadview Heights

Fits in this spot perfectly. I have to say, I was surprised at how petite these carts are. Not ever having seen one, I had assumed they were massive.

This one is in very good condition except for one of the smaller wheels will come off if there is not enough downward pressure. Meaning, I must keep it stocked.

Broadview Heights

Strange story; a few days after I had bought it, the original owner called to say that he is continuing to receive phone calls and emails (even though he removed the ad), offering him $300 or more. He wanted me to know that he was ok with me selling it if I wanted to.  Um, yes, I may one day, but I don’t need your permission, thankyouverymuch.

Broadview Heights

I love my kids. This Mother’s Day, my son made me dinner and my daughter made me some water colour pictures. She even framed them. Water colour is a new medium to her, and I think she did a great job.

Stylized Chinese scenes, which I hung up on the wall that you face as you leave my house. I couldn’t get great shots because of the reflection in the glass, but here they are. I will cherish them forever.

Broadview Heights

Some of the detail; love the pagoda building

Broadview Heights

Maybe it’s a mythical space, only found in her mind.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my lovely brass goodness...that cart is the most amazing thing I have ever seen! I have been on the lookout for a bar cart for awhile now, and have never seen anything like that. It's beautiful! I laughed out loud over the seller calling you, ah ha ha, that was a good one! ;)
    ps...I would have no problem keeping it 'stocked' ;)
    Love the artwork your daughter did for you too, love the colours!
    Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete