Sunday 15 June 2014

Faux bamboo chairs, again

I finally got around to painting the set of 6 chairs that I picked up last fall.

Although they looked good in my dining room, the four side chairs have been sold.

To be totally honest, the backs of these chairs while beautiful, are not that comfortable to sit at for any length of time.

 

DSCN5305

The two side chairs received an update with white paint and I made some seats in green with blue piping.

DSC01334

The previously cherry, crappy stained credenza received an update by removing the drawers and adding a shelf and taking out the front cross bar. I picked this up over a year ago and it had a coffee table and side table with it. For only $55 I thought it was alright and I gave away the side table and coffee table. The drawers were dove tailed and I wondered why crappy pressboard/mdf furniture would have that? Turns out the entire piece is solid wood, which I found when I started sanding out the few nicks that were on the top.

This is the only photo I have of it in it’s previous state

DSC00923_thumb[1]

Now it’s blue and I think I made a mistake. I guess I could strip the paint off and stain it to a nicer colour. Oh well.

 

DSC01337

I’m not even sure I like the chairs. Maybe once the wall is painted and the flooring is changed, I may change my mind. Lesson is that not everything needs to be changed.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mel! Why don't you paint them green to match the seats? Or blue like the table to contrast? I think they'd look super cool!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mel
    It is amazing how you find all this stuff. Maybe if you toned the blue down with a metallic going over it or break it up with a stencil. I think it's just to big of a chunk of blue just sitting there yelling at you. Black might also help anchor the colors. Can't wait to see what you do with it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of the table. Have you thought maybe leaving the chairs white but doing a seat covering that is similar to your blue and white (stool?) under the table? Or even do the seating in the bluse and white but paint the chairs blue to match the table. I am just not keen on the green seats. I love seeing everything you do. You are so talented. ~ Dorenda for Jacksonville, Florida

    ReplyDelete