Tuesday 23 October 2012

Uncle Billy’s dresser–it ain’t what it used to be

My sister was given this dresser from her partners uncle many years ago. It was a little dinged, cherry wood chest on chest, a little bland and very 50’s.  I was sure I took a before picture, but I can’t seem to find it, but I’m sure you’ve seen a hundred of these.

www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com

I painted it white, but that was a complete snore fest. I had to come up with a temporary way to dress it up. I say temporary because I change my mind, a lot. If I had painted a design on it, I would have to change the whole thing when I changed my mind about how I wanted it to look. In comes vinyl and my cricut.

I had read that you could spray paint vinyl, so I gave it a shot. I was undecided on what colour I wanted to use, so I sprayed three colours; copper, gold and silver.

DSCN4105

I then traced the allium with SCAL, made a few different sizes and cut it out.

DSCN4107

When I put the transfer tape on, it pulled some of the silver off but it turned out to be just what it needed, at least I am telling myself that.

DSCN4109

I like the design and will hold on to it as is for a while, until I get my next hair brained scheme.

www.junkinjunky.blogspot.com

Sharing here:

Primitive and Proper

9 comments:

  1. Love it! Following from Primitive & Proper. Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!! i love the design and love the metallic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right - it did need something. Now it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your dresser. The metallic is the perfect accessory to the white paint. I like you thrive on change, but I don't think I would ever get tired of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! I love the way this looks.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so gorgeous. Bravo on a job well done! You inspire me to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! I love the dandelion design and metallic too? Couldn't get any better, but I've got a feeling,one day, it will be. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely went from snoozy to snazzy!!! I love alliums..they almost look like big dandelions. Great job Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This anonymous poster is saying WOW- THAT looks fabulous! SO fresh and lovely. I want it. I hope you like this for a long time!
    I don't know how you get so much done.... Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete