Wednesday 8 June 2011

Chippy junk

It’s been a while since I’ve posted about my thrifty finds, so today is the day :)

I found this pedestal stand for $2.00. I liked the old, chippy worn look of it. The cloche was found last year some time, for cheap, but I can’t remember how much now.

DSCN1520-1

So that led to me painting an old metal tray that I had stashed away forever. I am no expert on creating a chippy look, but I think it turned out pretty good.  And just look at that lovely little scalloped milk glass dish…scrumptious.

DSCN1504-1

Then I headed down to my craft room and guess what I came up with after 2 hours of flitting about? Nothing, nada, zip, zilch.  I think my creativity has taken a holiday and forgot to tell me :)

Do you ever feel like that? Want to see some fabulous creativity, then head on over to...

Transformation Thursday

10 comments:

  1. Great finds! I have an old metal tray too, that I never did anything with - I think I'll have to paint it. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pedestal and of course the cloche is fabulous. The tray turned out wonderful. I think you did great. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pedestal you snagged is lovely, and what a wonderful idea to put balls of yarn on it, under your cloche! I am going to have to remember that! And I love the way your tray turned out, too. You did a great job on it!

    I hope you are having a good week!

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cloche and the white bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so full of creative ideas, you absolutely deserve a holiday!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds and so creative!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the chippy stand and your tray! I have had my 2 nieces from out of town since Sunday, so anything that was inside my mind has been sucked far, far away!

    I have a white birdie like yours, very cute!

    Megan


    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect little vignette. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love chippy finds!! I do get like that sometimes...just enjoy your life and it all come to you again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! Note to self: flea market tomorrow! ;) Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete