Sunday 31 October 2010

Learning more about this side table

Remember this side table that I purchased this summer for $10.00? I absolutely adore it.
010
012
022
Well, I started investigating what it is and it’s origins and have been able to come up with some information.
This is probably from the 1930’s, Italian florentine gilt painted.  I have been able to find a very similar table at the bella cottage for, get ready for it… $1,095.00! My table is actually a little larger. 
Here is another piece that I found at Ruby Lane. This one has the same quatrefoil pattern on the inside as mine does.
This may be the find with the greatest resale value yet. Not that I will be rich any time soon, but my investment of $10 was a good one.
What have you found for a steal and later found out it’s value is much more than you imagined?

7 comments:

  1. That is amazing. Ultra cool to know the distinguished history of your junkin' find - and the value is the cherry on top! Love how it looks in your room, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a find! now you can look at it as an "investment". maybe i will starc alling all my vintage purchases "investments", then maybe my husband will appreciate it more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Now that's a find!!! Get it appraised and insured! (My gf learned the hard way, when her house burned down!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a Richard Rothbard mid century puzzle box for $1. His current puzzle boxes go for anywhere between $50-$1,000 depending on complexity. Mine is probably worth around $200. It's so cool though, I doubt I can sell it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite the find. I'm sure you did your happy dance. Over the years I've found many Italian Florentine nesting tables, usually just one size, but this summer I was able to score the whole set of three at a flea market for $25. Do date it's my favorite find. The worn patina is my favorite thing about them. I've never seen anything quite like your table before though, obviously quite valuable.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Fantastic find. I'm guessing you won't be painting that anytime soon!!! LOL!!!!

    BTW - Mom's birthday bash was last Friday. I have posted details and pictures, so be sure to stop back by to check it out. Thanks again for your help and interest in helping me reach my goal of 90 cards/messages!!!!!

    http://debbie-idodesigns.blogspot.com/2010/11/moms-birthday-bash-90-years.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info. The green sizing makes sense along with the gold, however mine is a reproductions as it does have 2 small bits in the back of mdf.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete