Saturday 23 October 2010

Burlap and special cushions

Here is another coffee sack cushion, made from the same bag as the last one.
005
009

Linking up to Robin's Upcycle Party at The T-Shirt Diaries.

These next two cushions may seem ordinary, but to my friends, they are something special.
Both of them lost their fathers and miss them terribly.
I took a shirt that each of their fathers owned and turned them into cushions. I will be bringing them to their new home tonight, at their house warming party.
007
Obviously each man had very different style sensibilities :)

2 comments:

  1. Well you've been crazy busy and I missed it!

    Love the burlap and the mirrors, but I think the pillows made from the shirts are a really sweet keepsake indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift to make for your friends! The mirror turned out great too. for some reason my comments arent' showing up on that post.

    ReplyDelete